Working alongside your midwife, Hypnotherapy for childbirth is a useful and effective tool which can help you prepare for the birth of you baby by addressing any concerns and fears you may have as well as reducing the pain and length of labour and any chances of intervention.
Self-Hypnosis for Childbirth
These sessions will teach you how to enter into self-hypnosis instantly, and create your own natural anaesthesia whenever and wherever you need it. You will have control over your body, and be able to be an active participant in your birth process. As labour progresses, you relax even more, trusting in your body's natural ability to give birth with ease and comfort.
Feeling relaxed during labour ensures a high level of oxygen is entering the body which is not only good for the baby but also good for the production of endorphins which are the body's natural pain reliever.
Benefits of using hypnosis for childbirth:
- Less or no use of analgesic drugs means less risk of side effects on mother and baby.
- An awake, energized mother.
- A calm, peaceful birthing environment.
- Breech and posterior babies can be turned using hypnosis.
- Fewer interventions and complications during labour.
- Babies who sleep and feed better.
- Can speed up post birth recovery
- Can improve oxygen levels in mother and baby
Too good to be true?
Can women give birth without experiencing pain? They can, but there are many variables in labour and birth that can affect the outcome, and couples need to have a positive but realistic view of hypnosis for childbirth.
How many sessions will it take?
Initial consultation (1 Hour) – FREE
Number of sessions are discussed at the initial consultation - (£70 each session). Price includes CDs