I am a trained Registered General Nurse and Registered Mental Nurse and have worked within the NHS since 1986. I have specialised in Mental health and Addictions for the past 20 years.
Developing my interest I have made a natural progression into Clinical Hypnotherapy. I completed the Hypnotherapy Practitioners Diploma/HPD and the Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy/DHP at The Clifton Practice, Bristol, one of the UK’s leading accredited courses.The HPD is a nationally recognised qualification at level 4 on the National Qualifications Framework; this is an endorsement of the quality, amount and level of learning required to achieve the HPD.
Having spent my career in Mental Health and Addictions, I fully understand the complexities and strains of modern day life. Now, as a Clinical Hypnotherapist, I am committed to helping people to gain positive control of their lives through ‘solution focused’ therapy – concentrating on the future and what can be achieved rather than dwell on the past and on what might have been.
Qualifications and Continuing Professional Development CPD
- Registered General Nurse (RGN)
- Registered Mental Nurse (RMN)
- Hypnotherapy Practitioners Diploma/HPD
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy/DHP
- Weight management (Master Class Diploma)GHR Approved CPD 2010
- Hypnotic 'Gastric Stomach' Banding (GHR Approved)
- 'Self Hypnosis for Childbirth' - Clifton Practice 2010
- Solution Focused brief Hypnotherapy. Clifton Practice 2011
- Hypnotic 'Gastric Stomach' Banding (GHR Approved). London College of Clinical Hypnosis 2013
- Currently completing: Solution Focused Supervision Diploma (Level 5)
- Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) Dept. of Health Registered
- The National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH)
- Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC)